To our valued Adjusters, Carrier Partners, and Employees,
I hope all of you, as well as your families and communities, are healthy and safe as we respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic impacting our nation and world. As the worldwide community adjusts to this changing and challenging situation, I am encouraged to see the determination throughout the Insurance Claims & Services industry to evolve and adapt given the risk and uncertainty ahead of us. We are truly in this together, and here to support each other.
At IAS, we recognize the severity of COVID-19 and are integrating guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Federal/State/Local agencies so that we are aligned to the most current health authority recommendations. IAS has implemented our Business Continuity Plan (BCP) with procedures to keep our people (and the general public) safe while continuing to deliver mission critical services to our Carrier Partners and policyholders. Our approach is focused on preserving the health and safety of families and communities while maintaining the highest standards possible through our service capabilities without disruption. Therefore, IAS is continuing to take proactive steps to ensure service excellence for our Carrier Partners while protecting the safety of our employees, adjusters, and policyholders. These steps include the following actions in alignment with our BCP:
- Implemented a work-from-home policy for all of our employees at our various office locations.
- Scheduled daily virtual meetings for the IAS Leadership Team to ensure that we are proactively implementing guidance and procedures to our distributed resources throughout the US.
- Cancelled all non-essential business travel.
- Increased usage of self-service and remote claims processing technology where appropriate, and incorporating Carrier-driven directives as requested.
- Deployed modified first contact and claim triage procedures to proactively determine the most appropriate service capability for each claim in process.
- Communicated guidelines (based on published CDC best practices) to our field adjusters that will protect the safety of our people and policyholders.
The situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving daily, and we are committed to ensuring the safety of all parties involved in the claims process. For those of you that have already been impacted by the virus, our thoughts and prayers go out to you. We know that together we will emerge stronger from this experience. Should you have any questions or need immediate help, please reach out to me or anyone from the IAS team so that we can engage with you.
Wishing you the best For What’s Ahead,
Walter Leddy | IAS Claim Services
Chief Executive Officer